I still think Dr. Doom being in the next Avengers movie is BS

Very "No, forget what happened in The Last Jedi, Palpatine is the bad guy now" energy.

It's nonsensical. Just recast the character. Denzel is available.

Heck, you want RDJ back, cast him as Kang. 

You can do that. 

It's the same lack of creative integrity that killed the Star Wars sequel trilogy. 

 

Watching that trailer felt like watching the trailer for the terrible DCEU Justice League movie (both versions).

That feeling of “what are we even doing here?” 

Like, I like that I see cool characters like Shang-Chi and Namor and other people again, but there’s no story here I want to see. They did all this work setting up an entirely different story and now that got deleted and are doing something else.

A good Avengers villain would be someone you hype up over many different movies (like Thanos). This guy just comes out of nowhere and there's no reason to even think of him as a threat. 

The movie also looks bad, visually. The actors all look very old (even notorious immortal Ant-Man), and it looks like it was filmed on a green screen when the genre largely moved to either on-location filming or using the LED screen backgrounds. 

I'll still watch it though, can't wait. 

Comments