My most played videogames thus far*

*since game platforms started tracking

These are the games I have played the most of from the ones that collect playtime data. Sadly, there are games like Minecraft, Roblox, and every Nintendo system that predates the 3DS and Wii U in which I have no data for that likely blow out the playtimes of the games below. 

For example, I believe Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii would have easily crossed the 500 hour playtime mark, topping the list, let alone any game from the N64 era.

Therefore, the following list is created from modern platforms like Steam, Nintendo Switch, and stuff like the EA Launcher (formerly EA origin) on PC.

 

1. Battlefield 1 (PC) - 244 hrs 22 min

Sinai Desert Map: All You Need to Know 

This is a game that I would play nightly after work. I love this game, I consider it to be DICE’s magnum opus. The visuals, the music, the gameplay, the setting, all mixed together to make a game that brought me back over and over again. Surprisingly, I played this all while playing solo, I never got around to playing this game with friends, as my friends typically don’t play Battlefield games. I don’t think DICE was ever able to make a game as good as this, as later Battlefield games would drop the ball in one or more ways.

 

2. Apex Legends (PC) - 196 hrs, 15 min

Apex Legends Pathfinder guide 

This is a game that I spent many nights playing with friends. I was a fan of Respawn from their Titanfall games, and this game is a free 2 play spinoff from that series. It’s polished very well, has interesting characters and world, and it is a blast to play. I typically dislike Battle Royale games, but this game didn’t feel like one, and it had another mode that was also very fun to play. A lot of great memories I’ll never forget.

 

3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch) - Over 190 hrs

Fighters | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch System |  Official Site 

The latest Smash is also the most fully featured one. Honestly, I was pretty cold in this game at first, as it seemed more of the same from the previous Smash Bros game, mostly because of it having the same developer (Bandai Namco) as the previous one with a ton of reused material and missing features from past games. But with updates, a lot of those missing features were added back, and the roster was expanded even more than one could have imaged possible. The single player adventure mode was also very fun, despite lacking the story that Brawl’s had.

 

4. Battlefield 4 (PC) - 163 hrs, 6 mins

Discussion] Siege of Shanghai Map - 01/05/14 : r/battlefield_4 

After getting Battlefield 3 for free as a promotion for the release of this game (it worked), I was very excited for the release of this game, and I was not disappointed. The scale and gameplay of the series never seemed as vast and infinite as it did in Battlefield 4, neither before nor since. 

 

5. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (EA, PC) - 155 hrs, 30 min

There should be a SA atmosphere map for NABOO. its beautiful :  r/StarWarsBattlefront 

EA’s second attempt at making a Battlefront game was the one that worked the best for me. It took way too long to get enough updates for the game to feel “complete”, but once it did, the game was excellent. Still have it installed today for that occasional itch to jump back in.

 

6. Mario Kart World (Switch 2) - Over 135 hrs

 

This one is a new release compared to everything else here, which is concerning. But it’s such a great game, I don’t mind. It’s the ultimate Mario Kart game, and it’s high skill ceiling keeps me coming back for more.

 

7. Rocket League (Steam, Switch) - Over 130 hrs 

This playtime is combined across Steam and Switch. Originally bought the game on Steam, and loved it. Very fun, very engaging. Bought DLC for it too! Once it became free 2 play, I moved to playing it on Switch, as it was more convenient to play there. However, I think the game was better back when it was paid 2 play, as the DLC exploded in price and updates slowed down and became less game changing than before.

 

8. Fallout: New Vegas (Steam) - 122.8 hrs

Fallout: New Vegas' came out 15 years ago, but there's never been a better  time to return to the Mojave Wasteland | Space 

I consider this the greatest Western RPG of all time, and it is a crime that it ends.

 

9. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch, Switch 2) - Over 120 hrs

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom review – pure magic | Games | The  Guardian 

I was surprised that my playtime with Tears of the Kingdom has massively surpassed that of Breath of the Wild. I still think of Breath of the Wild as the greatest single player videogame of all time, but Tears of the Kingdom expands upon it so profusely that I don’t see my time with TotK ending anytime soon.

 

10. Super Smash Bros. For Wii U - Over 90 hrs

 

The base from which Smash Bros. Ultimate was built upon. I miss its unique gameplay features like custom characters and the stage creator that utilized the Wii U Gamepad. The board game mode was also a big hit amongst friends and family. But other than those parts and the general vibes of it, I think Ultimate improved upon almost everything else.

 

Other runnerups:

11. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) - Over 85 hrs

12. Star Wars Battlefront (EA, PC) - 84 hrs, 50 min

13. Battlefield 2042 (PC) - 81 hrs, 32 mins

14. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Steam) - 72.1 hrs

15. Mario Kart 7 (3DS) - Over 70 hrs

16. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - Over 60 hrs

17. Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed (Steam) - 61.2 hrs

18. Portal 2 (Steam) - 58.8 hrs

19. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) - Over 55 hrs 


Comments