My posts of Blaugust 2026:
An only slightly larger-than-life Odyssey
I still think Dr. Doom being in the next Avengers ...
Star Wars: The Ninth Jedi Episode 1
So many paths to take, so little time!
My most played videogames thus far*
More pictures of Mario Kart World
A thought on the Microsoft Surface
Enjoying Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
Pictures from the August Vintage Computer Club Mee...
It feels like I made a little over one blog post every two days, which is neat. I look back at my social media places like Instagram and Facebook and wonder if I should transfer my old posts over to here, where it feels more personal and less likely for people that I know in real life to see. Anonymity is freeing.
This was also the time I truly put Blogpost to the test. Although this blog is ancient, I typically used other services like Wordpress or the aforementioned gaming sites to post my blogs. I use Wordpress to run the WillyToons website.
I like how free Blogger is compared to Wordpress.com, and how it supports video, which Wordpress.com does not unless you pay extra for it. However, this service has not been updated in close to a decade, it seems utterly abandoned by Google. While Wordpress continues to update itself with new features that make it easier and more fun to create a blog, Blogger has not really changed since the 2010s.
This comes with a lot of bugs, such as a "You're not signed in" error that shows up when I am already signed in while on the Post Editor, something that should not be possible but happens in every browser and device I use it on.
I sometimes think of just transferring this blog to Wordpress just to get it over with.
But that would be a hassle, and this blog has this old retro charm going for it. But I do look up to modern personal sites like Jose Munoz and Diego Torres and wonder if I should go for a modern, more dignified look, instead of using art I made as a kid and roleplaying as some Diddy Kong guy.
But maybe that's all I want to be.
Comments